Friday, June 27, 2008

I am not raising children

That’s right, I, mother of eight, am not raising children.

I am raising adults.

If I told you I was raising a Kentucky Derby horse, you would not expect to see a three year old in my corral. You would expect to see a foal (baby horse). If I told you I was raising show doges, you expect to find puppies, right?

I am not raising children. “Children” is not my ultimate goal. My goal is responsible, God loving/fearing adults. Every decision I make in regard to my children is with my goal in mind. You can’t get somewhere if you don’t know where you are going, now can you?

How about you? Are you raising children or adults? Do you have a picture of what you want your children to “look” like (spiritually, educationally, morally) when they are, say, 20? If you don’t, then you don’t know where you are going as a parent and are probably wondering around aimlessly.

On a different note, a warning; “Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.