Tuesday, May 23, 2006

May 23, 2006

Our carnival was a success. We had around 50 people that do not attend our church come. since our church only has around thirty members, that is pretty good. This is our first year. Next year will be better.
I am trying to finish up our plant unit. sigh. seems like there just isn't enough hours in a day.

I have a sore throat and my 8yo was sick last night. Hopefully it was just something he ate and no one else ate it. He seems fine now. Shooting down Star wars bad guys like usual.

Back to the theme of not enough time; I found out how to make an ebook, and i almost have one ready but i just don't have time to sit down and do it! same for my next article for our church's journal, and a half dozen other projects. I did finish the baby shower gift i have been working on, but i can carry it around with me and work on it anywhere. God help me to set my priorities and learn to manage my time better.

For several reasons I think it is time to post this:


My Poem

These hands of mine are big and strong

My fingers they are supple and long.

God's call into these hands I feel.

They'll love, and teach, and guide and heal.

Human cares they'll soothe away.

When labors come they'll save the day.

Tiny heads and chins and hair,

From the start, these hands are there.

A moan, a cry, a tear, a prayer,

One more push will remove all care

You've called these hands to bring forth life.

Thank you, God, for calling me to be a Midwife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.