Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Broken arms

Well let’s see…my four year old broke her arm two weeks ago Thursday. She cried very little and has asked for very little pain medicine. She didn’t even flinch when they put the needle in for the anesthetic. She cried a little after they reset it (she was almost “under” but not quite. It is safer to keep the patient just barely awake, though disoriented.) They just put a splint on for the first week to make sure all the swelling was gone. She got her real cast Friday. It is bright yellow, her favorite color. It is the first yellow one the doctor has ever put on. The x-ray showed very little crack.

How did I know it was broke? Arms aren’t supposed to bend there!
God is so good! Not only has He kept my baby from hurting much, He told the one due in October to turn breech the night before it all happened. Why is this a good thing? When you have had seven babies, they settle pretty low in the pelvis and it hurts. If I had spent four hours in the hospital with a head down baby standing and sitting in uncomfortable chairs, they would have needed a wheelchair to get me out the door. Because he was breech I not only was not in pain and was walking, I could still take care of her when we got home. Baby turned back vertex Monday (and the pain returned).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.