Friday, January 04, 2008

Not a holiday to repeat

This has been a long autumn and holiday season. I feel like Job (though thankfully not quite so bad).
My four year old broke her arm in September, about the time I was diagnosed as gestational diabetic.
We had two life threatening (to the baby) complications during birth making it the hardest most painful birth I have had (she is fineJ)
Baby is allergic to dairy products, which make up, or I should say USED to make up a good forth of my diet.
We have had three leaks; the sewer line from our bedroom, the spray nozzle in the kitchen, and two in the dishwasher. Sub floor in the kitchen is now ruined and under the house is going to stink in the summerL.
All four cars have broken down.
My dad had a heart attack on Christmas (he is recovering fine now).
When my mom went to pick my dad up from the hospital, she got violently sick (food poisoning? Lasted about four hours) and my husband and I had to go rescue them.
We hit my dog Sunday; broke his leg. We had to have him put down. He was old and had arthritis bad. We knew it was going to come in the next year or so but gee...
I broke my glasses last night.
Sigh.

God, I would be real happy to not have another year quite like this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.