Monday, March 10, 2008

Growing godly tomatoes and Jumping Ship

I have been frequenting Elizabeth Kruger’s site (http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/) for a couple of years now. I was very pleased to hear she was writing a book to better explain her child training philosophy. As you know, I am a big fan of Bro. Pearls To Train Up a Child. I would recommend reading To train Up when your children are first born, followed by Growing Godly Tomatoes a year later. What the Bible Says About Child Training is good for small children with Jumping Ship (Bro Pearl’s newest book) well before your child is a preteen.

I want to thank Elizabeth for writing this book. She has expressed the very things I thought I was going to have to write in follow up to the Pearl’s book. She saved me the trouble. (Oh and thanks for the ideas on treating a grumpy. I have one I was getting frustrated with!) Her writing style is easy to read and the book went fast. She has lots of practical examples making it easier to apply what she says. Basically, her idea is you only have to teach one thing to your child…read the book to find out what that is:-)

Jumping Ship is the Pearls answer to those who have done everything “right” (homeschooled, no TV, controlled socialization, etc.) and still lost their children to the world. The earlier books are about getting your child to mind, not getting them to heaven. This one is about how to make your faith in God so attractive your child will stay on “your ship” instead of jumping to the “world’s ship.” It is full of wonderful advise in the Pearl’s normal easy to understand style.
Basically, be passionate for your mate, your God and life in general. Live life and it more abundantly. Read the book. It will inspire you to have FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.