Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Not sure...

If the testing post worked. It appears it may have posted on facebook but not twitter. interesting.

I was working on our fence line this morning when my feet began to hurt. At first I didn't think anything about it since I was walking through tumbleweeds and sage brush (which have been know to cause me mild allergic reactions. Just wash my feet when I am done and it's gone though so no big deal). I even took each shoe off, dumped it and brushed my feet off. The pain kept getting worse until I had to run into the house. As I was soaking my feet in cold water in the tub, I saw a red ant. I evidently stepped on his home. I have no idea how many times I was bit or how many ants were involved, but by breakfast I couldn't walk. My feet felt swollen to twice the size of a house (though they didn't look like it) and HURT. I used my herbal salve I make, but that didn't faze it. I coated my feet in a paste of baking soda and that seemed to help. I also took a clariton (I've heard that the pain from insect bites is actually an allergic reaction) and put on my soothing music. Now, I generally have a very high pain tolerence but my feet still hurt a little and definitly feel swollen and uncomfortable to walk on. I will be more careful about ant hills in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.