Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Update



















I haven't posted here lately because I have been on a simi-Internet fast. I did check my emails a few times because of a business transaction, but other than that I have stayed away. Sometimes I get so involved in what is going on here that I forget about the important stuff (like cleaning house and talking with my children). And since my mom (who live just 20 minutes away) had company from out of state it was the perfect opportunity to take some time off. But I'm back now.

With eight children being homeschooled and all their math lessons on DVD (see here) plus their music theory and spanish lessons being software, (not to mention compositions done on Word), I seldom got a chance on the computer there for awhile. A lovely lady at our church upgraded her laptop for work and gave me her old one. This made such a difference! So when God put the opportunity in front of me to pick up another one cheap, I took it. This is what has enabled me to finish a couple of books and get some other long term projects done (and for my children to be able to discuss "pantalones soap" around the supper table) Today I got a wireless router hooked up and all the laptops enabled for it! yeah! I also password protected the entire Internet.everyone must type a password for every page. since I am the only one who knows the word, the only thing any child can get to without my direct attention is this blog, lol.

My brother was Mom's company. He arrived just as Dad began to preach Father's Day morning. It was a total surprise to Dad! He was actually speechless for about 30 seconds. Johnny led the music one Sunday he was here and preached the next. It was very nice to have him.

The the next Monday, my hubby was sick and stayed home in bed. I had had the flu a week before so we both expected just a quicky thing. Tuesday morning Mr. "I don't go to doctors EVER" woke me up at 5am to take him to the emergency room. The flu had turned into intense pain in his back and side. after a couple tests, the diagnosis was kidney stones. The poor thing had to miss the rodeo we had been planning as a church outing for a year plus all the plans he had for my brother's visit. He was totally out of it for a whole week. He is over it now, but that was obviously an incredibly painful event. He has actually been eating (mostly) healthy ever since!

All in all we have had a great two weeks (minus hubby being down of course).


Is it possible to live on one income? Or let's word it a different way; In the richest culture this planet has ever known, are so many babies being raised by baby-sitters instead of their own mommies because the family would starve to death otherwise or because mommy and daddy are too selfish to move to a cheaper house and buy used cars (or, heaven forbid, take the bus!)? Have mommy and daddy actually figured out how much mommy is making after daycare, taxes, gas, extra wear on the extra car, convience foods, etc.? It's probably not as much as you think.


And, you know, babies don't just need mommies. Mommies need to be with their babies.

And we need to guard our marriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.