Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How weird. We actually get a third day of school with the whole group this week! Dad hasn't been needing the boys to help with the garage since he is waiting for the truss to delivered and set.


Been using Alphabet Island for phonics for a couple of years now. It has been very fun but I am ready to go back to the way I did it with the older children (of course having no one exactly that age right now helps, lol) We finished up all but one workbook for it yesterday and that workbook will be done by the end of next week I think.
 
As I said, Alphabet Island is fun. The authors created a person to go with each letter of the alphabet. They each have a personality which explains that letter's behavior. For example, the letter e is scared of the end of words. That is why she is silent when she is there. But she is very loving and brave and the other letters need her so she often stands at the end even though she is scared. Very entertaining. Just not really my teaching style.
 
At the risk of increasing my compitition, I'll tell you I have been buying my curriculum for next year on ebay. For many reasons I am switching to Abeka for nearly everything. This would cost thousands of dollars if I bought it all new for my seven school aged children (about $500 per child since I started with very few teachers guides or answer keys). By using ebay I am spending less than half per book. I won one $10 book last week for 1 penny! (plus $4 shipping, of course, but that is still less than half the new price.) I wish I could buy it all new but that is just not practical.
 
Anyway, another good day in store for us.
 
And Bible study tonight to boot. We are studying the book of Amos. As we study the minor prophets on Wednesday night, I am writing a commentary. At the current rate it should be ready for the market in a year or so. This will be from the Pereterist view.
 
Been thinking on my commentary of Ravelation. Hope to get back to it soon.
 
And the family relationship book; I wish this was already on the market but it isn't even close!
 
I have two more chapters and I am done with my Family Herbalist course. I hope to go on to the Cetified course as soon as possible, though it may not be until next tax time. I don't know if I will go all the way to joining the American Herbalist Guild (about the equivalent of a BS in herbal medicine). We'll see how God leads year by year.
 
And I am still reading eveything I can on Midwifing. I itch to start my apprintiship, but I know my family would suffer at this point. So I'll wait.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.