Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to the Best Mom in the World.

Well, a new week.
We are taking this week off of school as usual and going camping the next week (death valley ya' all. Its 80 degrees there). My brother arrives at mom's tonight so we will be over there most of the week.

Thanksgiving will be my family, my brother's family, my parents (at their house) and several people from church. Should be fun.

I am working on my comentary on Genesis today (though I should be redoing the chores and school lists). I am researching dating and finding out such neat stuff. If you dump the "accepted" dating line (which is based on several false interpretations of the Bible) archeology and the Bible fall into perfect order! I'm doing Joseph whose name in Egyptian is evedintly Imhotep. So fun! Can't wait to get this book out!

No for a title. The leading sugestions are;
  1. First Things First: The Book of Genesis (from my Joy)
  2. Beginnings: The Book of Genesis
  3. Start Here: The Book of Genesis (from my mom)
What do you think?

I have also decided to go ahead and do the books of the Law. This has been an intemidating idea. I think I will make two books. One will be all the "stories" from Exodus through Deuteronomy or Joshua (depends on how much room it takes. The other will be the Mosaic Law. I will take each problem and discuss all the soulutions listed. So, for example, when I discuss adultry, I will list all the scriptures in Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy that give penalties for this crime all together. This should be very interesting.

And while I do this, I am working on the minor prophets as our church studies them on Wednesday nights. We are up to Jonah.

When I ge to the historical books, I will combine Joshua (unless I put it with the Moses story), Judges, both Samuels, both Kings and both Chronicles together in one book in chronological order.

That will just leave the wisdom/poetry books. I wonder how I will treat those?

God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.