Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Permissive parents: Curb your brats - CNN.com

Permissive parents: Curb your brats - CNN.com

Amen.

When people hear I have eight children, they automaticly picture eight of these brats. But I'm "old school" too, just like this author. My children are polite, respectful and obedient. As a result they are welcome everywhere we take them even sit down restaruants (I have seen the looks of horror when we walk in and the looks of admiration when we walk out! We have managers in restaraunts greet us and give us discounts just 'cause they like seeing us, all ten of us, walk in:-).) It IS possible to have children you enjoy being with, even the dreaded teenagers (I have three teens and they are the delights of my life!)

If you want help to have dc like this get Mr Pearl's book "To Train Up a Child." The principle in his book (which are really in the Bible. He just assembles them) will give you a happy, joyful home where every loves each other and children who are honestly welcomed and dreaded other places.

Let me know if you need a copy. I'll get you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.