Saturday, May 26, 2012

Quick takes friday+1 (Since its Saturday)

I suppose I've resisted long enough. Here goes:

1. hubby hurt his back at work this week. Total accident that couldn't have been prevented. Rope snapped while he was tying down a load. He's been in bed since Wednesday night, basically, though he did go to the dr yesterday and picked up his check.

2. On a good note, his gout of the last two weeks has cleared up. It was either the pound of cherries he ate for lunch or the trauma of the accident. We don't know which.I did find cherry Juice (finally!!!) at the local grocery store, so maybe we can keep those attacks away.

3. Snow. In May. Really? (Not actually unusual here. We have had snow on July 4th before. There is a reason this isn't known as "The Breadbasket of America.")

4. Garden is doing good and doesn't seem affected by the snow. The dc are thrilled:-) I just wish everyone actually had something growing in their beds. Maybe I'll post pictures later in the week.

5. Commenting on Ezra is more interesting than I thought it would be. I'm to chapter 4. (This year instead of reading through the Bible like I have done every year for a decade now, I am spending that time working on my Bible commentaries. I have finished Genesis [available at thebettysbooks.com], and edited my brothers books on Galatians and Ephesian [also at the bettysbooks.com]. I just finished the pre-captivity minor prophets but haven't come up with a title so i can't upload it and get a proof yet. Any ideas?)

6. Milking: Absolutely beautiful outside. Gorgeous clouds with blue peeking through here and there. everything washed by the rain yesterday. Smells like rain and fireplaces.

6b. Milking: Goofy cow turned up her nose at the hay I put in her trough. Literally. She then charged out the gate (thought I had only opened it enough for me!) and munched at the hay stack while I tried to milk (from the same bale I got what I put in her trough. Go figure)

7. Enjoying the challenge of taking over the grocery shopping. Hubby has done it for more than 20 years (what else do you do when you naturally get up at 5 and no one else in the house does?) But now that it takes an average of 3 baskets a week for our groceries it just makes more sense for the dc and I to do it. I may post more on how I am doing that later.

+1. I guess I have a lot of writing to do this week!

Where I first heard of quick takes Friday: http://www.conversiondiary.com/2012/05/7-quick-takes-friday-vol-173.html

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.