Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Flash cards

anyone else ever get irritated at flash cards?

ABC cards are not phonetic, at least not beginner phonetic. Owl for O? Giraffe for G? Sigh. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Animal cards don't have enough animals and focus too much on wild animals instead of ones the child is actually likely to see.

Number cards are just plain boring.

Transportation cards are, well, missing:-( We wore ours out and I haven't been able to find them again to buy a new set.

So I guess I need to make my own.

I'll start with the ABC's for various reasons. 52 cards, 2 for each letter (one capital, one lower case) with a phonetic picture clue on the back so older siblings (who need review) can teach them. Might do double time by focusing on farm animals.



With Hubby still down with gout this will likely be today's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.