Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Spring Cleaning and American excess

I got to looking around our house and my Mom's house and something occurred to me;

3/4 of everything in our homes is either decorations, mementos, or projects that "I will get to some day" (but know I probably never will. This includes books to read.)

If I were to take everything out of my house that I don't actually use, just kept what we really needed, It would take mere minutes to clean, and we probably wouldn't feel crowded (11 people under one roof tends to make our average sized home crowded, but, really, it's all 11 people's stuff that fills every corner, not the people themselves.)

I have no intention of getting rid of our decorations (I painted most of the pictures, for example, and what I didn't paint, Hubby took as an amateur photographer.) Nor do I intend to get rid of all our mementos.

But all those "do some day" things? I think they'll go.

And any keepsakes that won't really mean anything to my kids or their kids.

And any decorations that aren't just real special.



Yep. Spring is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.