Monday, March 09, 2015

All About Spelling

I have gone back to this program after a bit off. It just is the closest to my ideal program without me having to write my own from scratch.

Now, we don't follow the program exactly. I am not a hands-on person so a good deal of the program (tiles, disks, etc) I find too hard to get to.

I also have one child (10) who has psyched herself out, convincing herself she just can't spell (at least we have gotten off the "I just can't read" part.:-P). So for her, I am just using the cards. For her younger sister (7) too, actually. That's a hard one; her sister is simply gifted in book work and could easily do two levels a year. How do you handle a 10yo who resents her 7yo passing her academically? (never mind the 10yo is the only one in the family gifted in acrobatics. She can't cross the living room without either doing somersaults or standing on her head) Sigh.

My 11yo is simply reading the lessons to herself and then bringing the cards for the day to me to review with her. She is doing great:-)

All together, All About Spelling is the program I would recommend first to nearly anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.