Tuesday, March 07, 2017

It started with an ironing board.


Did you know ironing boards have life spans? Apparently about thirty years. Not that mine was used very often, but it gave up the ghost Just before Christmas.

Then our oven died.

Just in time to make Christmas cookies.

I think we flat wore it out, honestly. We use the thing daily or more.

So I got a new oven.

Then the microwave broke.

Followed by my van. The only vehicle that will carry the whole family at once. In fact, without it, we are pushing it to be able to go anywhere at all. Our sedans are packed.

Van is still in the shop so we borrowed my dad's minivan he just finished fixing so I could at least take more than one person with me grocery shopping.

Did you know it only takes a tow truck driver half an hour to get from their yard in the nearest city to the highway by our house? Bye bye minivan. :-(

And the hinges to my bedroom door broke. How do hinges break? No idea, but they did.

Oh, and colds for everyone!

And hurt knees for Hubby (flare up of an old injury).

Actually this isn't all, but its enough to put up here. Life seems to happen all at once.

And I'm broken.

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit.




I can't imagine how those without God do it. How do they handle the everyday brokenness of life?


Psalms 112
1 Praise the Lord!
How joyful are those who fear the Lord
and delight in obeying his commands.

...and their good deeds will last forever.

...
6 Such people will not be overcome by evil.
Those who are righteous will be long remembered.

7 They do not fear bad news;
they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.


2 Corinthians 4:18
“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”



I'm good. Amused even. I know God's got it all in control and it will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.