Monday, January 31, 2011

A vision

I was praying once about my blogging and time on facebook (yes, I feel guilty sometimes for the absurd amount of time I spend on the computer).

God gave me a vision:

I was walking and was attacked by a bunch of people intent on harm. I simply shrugged my shoulders and went on. I wasn't important enough to bother fighting for. Whatever happens, happens.

Then I was sitting in a group of small children. The same evil people came to attack them. I stood up, pulled my broadsword out of its scabbard (? Where did that come from?) and took a battle stance. Those babies ARE worth fighting for.





My posts are often very controversial. I know that. I know I have hurt feelings, even of people I care deeply for. I have lost friends, and I mean real-life friends, not e-friends.

But as much as I hate to hurt someones feelings and not have them like me any more, I am not important. What IS important is that parents are spurred on to do the research to give their children the best possible. I'm not really too concerned with offending competent, mature adults. They are big girls and boys and can take care of themselves.

But I would like to spur everyone to rethink all the things you have always "known" was true, rethink the way you do things. You do the research and find the information. Hey, if you find out I 'm wrong, tell me! I want to only post the truth. I'll retract anything you prove to be wrong.

Here are the subjects I am especially concerned about:

Creation
Daycare
Public School
Childbirth
Family Integrated Church/Sunday School
Biblical roles

and to a lesser extent,
nutrition
vaccinations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.