Saturday, June 21, 2014

Students v. Teachers Unions - Eagle Forum

Students v. Teachers Unions - Eagle Forum



To my friends and relatives employed by the school system, I am sorry....but it's not right that a teacher can't be fired. There ARE bad teachers out there (I had a couple that had no business in a classroom) and they need to find other work. Why should they be exempt when no one else is? What are they? Priests?

In Switzerland, the entire community (town) votes on all the teachers every 2 years. If the teacher looses, he's out a there.

Of course, my preferred method of dealing with it is to give the power to the parents and let them vote with their money (vouchers would be a way to wean us off of government paid schools). The government has no business in such a religious issue anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.