Monday, June 09, 2014

the HAES� files: A Weight-Watching Sister | Health At Every Size� Blog

the HAES� files: A Weight-Watching Sister | Health At Every Size� Blog



If dieting hasn't worked yet, what makes you think it ever will?



Less than .05% of people ever take the weight off and keep it off for 5 years.



I mentioned to a man that a certain large-sized celebrity had perfect heart and blood tests, so this was proof that weight isn't necessarily relavant to health. The man then asked "If he is so healthy then why is he fat?!"



Sigh.



God made us in many different sizes. The number on the scale has little or nothing to do with your health. Skinny people aren't necessarily healthier. Fatter people aren't necessarily less.



Lets quit looking at looks and start looking at true health.



Now to find a method of exercise that I actually enjoy:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.