Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Nourishing Traditions and Cholesterol

Joe read four lessons in McGuffeys yesterday. He likes the novelty of a new book. Only one today because we were already short on time.
Jackie thinks she should be able to do anything the others do. since the playpen got holes in it she has been sitting by me pretending to do the same things everyone else is. Cute!

Need to write but my head won't cooperate. Hard time thinking.

Just reading Nourishing Traditions (still in the intro). Interesting facts on how healthy it is to eat butter. Yes, butter is GOOD for you. it is anti-bacterial and choke full of vitamins. The type of saturated fats in it are easily digested, not easily stored as body fat and is the substance used to build arteries out of. High cholesterol is caused not by eating cholesterol but by eating sugar and trans-fats (man made fats). Not eating Natural cholesterol to lower your blood cholesterol count is like firing your police force in order to lower your crime rate. The body produces cholesterol in order to repair the damage done by sugars and man made fats. Get rid of your sugar and hydrogenated fats and your cholesterol will drop. Hmmm, I may have just started my next Journal article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.