Friday, May 01, 2009

Daniel 10

Daniel spent time in fasting and prayer. God again sent an answer by an angel who gave him another vision that vision is in chapter 11.

1 In the third year of Cyrus, king of Persia, a revelation was given to Daniel (who was called Belteshazzar). Its message was true and it concerned a great war. The understanding of the message came to him in a vision.

He was by the Tigris when he saw an angel. The angel said he had tried to come to him earlier but the prince of Persia had stopped him. No one else with Daniel could see him, though they were all afraid enough to run away.

14 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come.”

The angel strengthens Daniel. Then says…

20 So he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come;

The Prince of Persia would be the current king and the Prince of Greece would be Alexander the Great.

21 but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince. (The word prince here means ruler. This is probably an angel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.