Friday, June 12, 2009

When He keeps on blessn’ and blessn’….

Our Susie cat is camera shy.

Two of my farmhands



The "old" bunnie
Our other doe has had four babies!
Four new bunnies. Trust me. That is what that dark red smudge in the middle is.

Our "old" chickies are doing good.
I have posted recently about our new farm venture. I had put an add on craigslist saying we needed cheap animals (You never know. Someone may be desperate to get rid of just what we need). Then we found the chicks at the feed store. This was all fater we had the rabbits and bovines.


A nice woman emailed me that she had a hen and six chicks we could have. Turns out she never wanted them and had just sort of accidently aquiered them, and that she lived just five minutes away. So Joy and I jumped in the van and went to get ourselves some more chickies! We now have a Bantum (minature) Black Cochin Hen (2 years old,) and six Auracana chicks. The chicks will lay blue and green eggs(!) in about six months. The hen should resume laying anytime. Our “old” chicks (the same age as the new ones) are Orpingtons and will lay brown eggs. So we have quite a flock now!


Our "new" chicks.
Ok, so she isn't exactly a beauty queen.
This brings our count to:
1 cow
2 calves
13 chickens
8 rabbits
2 cats
1 dog
and I still don't know how many goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.