Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Freezers that don't

Our spare freezer quit working. I managed to squeeze everything into the little one attached to the fridge, but we did lose some things and have had some odd meals ("Ok everyone. Pick a TV dinner for supper. Are you sure you don't need two? What about some pre-cooked sausages or some shrimp to go with that? Fish sticks for lunch tomorrow whether you like them or not! Hamburgers for breakfast.") We seldom eat frozen dinners but I like to have them on hand for that odd time when I am too sick to cook and didn't think in time to have one of the children take something out for them to cook. Seems most of the space in our "between paydays freezer" was frozen dinners.

A quick google search says, though, that the problem may very well be self correcting. I have turned it off and am letting it thourghly thaw. Then we will turn it back on and see what happens:-)

(Addendum: It didn't fix itself and the reapir man said it would cost almost as much to fix it as to buy a new one. We bought a new one with the taxes.)


The Case for Siblings -Why having a new baby is good for your other kids. So true. Mine always love their new sibs and are asking for a new one way before I am, lol. Like, the week after the bith they are ready to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.