Monday, October 25, 2010

Why I post, write, preach what I do

I guess I need to spell this all out.

I am an ordained minister. I have been in the ministry all my life (come from a long line of preachers and my dad was our pastor almost all my growing up). My ordination occurred in March, 2009, though as I have said I have ministered all my life.

God has granted me the ability to learn. I believe God gives everyone talents. Some are artists, some musicians, some great business people. I have been granted the ability to study and understand.

God has called me to teach women.

“The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

“4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

“5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” Titus 2:3


More specifically, He has directly told me to teach other women the truth about His Word and His World and how that applies to the decisions they make and to their children. This includes the truth about;
  1. Birth control
  2. Childbirth
  3. Education
  4. Marriage
  5. Family
I don't like controversy. I don't like it when I upset people. It grieves me when this happens. But every time I have considered quiting God speaks very clearly that I can't.

Ezekiel 3:17
"Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for [a] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.

20 "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."

I put my own salvation in danger if I do not obey God and speak the truth.

But you know what? I really enjoy telling people the truth. I enjoy teaching. I like honest debate about topics. I really do. What I don't like is being attacked and others thinking I have attacked them just because we disagree (honestly the number of times people think I am being mean just because I post scientific information that disagrees with their choices....)

I do not post things here or on facebook without having done my research. All my opinions have been formed by years of study in the Word and in science. Nothing is just fly-by-night.

What it boils down to is that I love God.

I love my family.

I love Godly womenhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.