Monday, April 25, 2011

Don't Fix it if it isn't Broken

Why do we say "We got fixed" when what we really mean is "We had the doctor break a system that was functioning exactly how He designed it to?


I have been reading this book. It is the one that started the whole "Quiverfull" movement.

This book boils down to asking one question:

Is God really Lord of ALL your life?

I find that most Christians think He is but have a definite blind spot when choosing how many eternal souls (babies) they will allow God to bring into this world through them.

If you want to know why so many are now having larger than average families, why the Duggers are like they are, What the Bible says about babies, then read this book. The Hesses answer all the questions you would expect: overpopulation, finances, health, etc. that are given as reasons to limit family size.

I highly encourage EVERY Christian couple to read either "A Full Quiver," "Be Fruitful and Multiply," or "Children: Blessing or Burden?" You already know the anti-child, small-family side of the argument. At least find out the reasoning behind the other viewpoint.

Oh, and PRAY ABOUT IT!

If I accomplish nothing  else, If I get you to honestly seek God's will about the size of your family, I have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.