Monday, September 19, 2011

Judge Not


“Judge Not least ye be judged.” We have all heard this scripture; used it even. But have we read the entire thing in context lately? Sometimes it helps us to understand God and what He is saying better if go back and refresh our minds on what He has really said.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the (splinter) that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the (2x4) that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the (splinter) out of thine eye; and, behold, a (2x4) is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the (2x4) out of thine own eye; and THEN SHALT THOU SEE CLEARLY TO CAST OUT THE (SPLINTER) OUT OF THY BROTHER'S EYE.”

Do you realize that this scripture says to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye? The point of the scripture is that we need to remove the 2x4 from our own eye BEFORE we try to help our brother.

So how does this work?

The best example I can come up with is fear and worry. You see, I have personal experience with this.

Many years ago the spirit of fear got so ahold of me I would lay in bed at night unable to move a muscle. Literally.
I couldn't consentrate on anything during the day but the problem of the day. 
It was quite debilitating, I tell ya.

A minister prayed and rebuked this spirit from Satan. From that time forth I began to notice what the Bible says about fear and worry and began to fight the devil head on on this issue.

Today, fear seldom bothers me, though Satan tries (especially right now. Hormones are high and my last birth was very traumatic. Since I am due "anytime," It is prime “worry-wart” time.)

But I know how to deal with it now. I turn it over to Jesus. That is why I have Him; to carry the weight of the world so I don’t have to. I know for a fact that every thing will work out just fine no matter what the issue. Oh, maybe not the way I would design it to. God seldom does things the way I think they should be done. But they still work out. Usually better than if I had had my way.

Now, today, if I see a brother or sister suffering with Satan’s oppression of fear, what is my responsibility? According to the above scripture, since I have cast that 2x4 out of my own eye successfully, I am to help my brother-in-the-Lord get the splinter out of his own eye; help him to conquer Satan. That is my responsibility.

And if my brother or sister sees a splinter in my eye that they have successfully cast out of their own eye I would dearly hope they love me enough to help me remove my own flaw. It might hurt to have it pointed out, but I would still want them to help me.





Hints to help cast out fear:
·                    Sing “Jesus loves Me” (other worship songs could work also. This is just the one that worked best for me.)
·                    Praise Jesus. Just tell Him how much you love Him and how wonderful He is.
·                    Rebuke Satan.
·                    Quote scripture
o       Submit yourselves therefore to God. RESIST THE DEVIL, AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU.” James 4:7
o       For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7 We MUST realize that fear and worry is Satanic. No matter the circumstances, we must resist the devil.
·                    Move your mind to something else. (I build farms in my head. Weird, but it works for me.)

It takes a while to build these “fearless muscles,” but it is worth it. Gradually you will notice fewer and fewer attacks of less and less power if you determine you won’t give in to the Devil but rely on God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.