Friday, March 15, 2013

Alarming early mornings

My hubby is a morning person an rarely needs an alarm to get up. With the time change, though, he has been setting his just to make sure he doesn't oversleep. He was up at 4 like normal this am, but forgot to turn his alarm off.

This explains why I got up at 5:30.

Actually, that's the time I aim for anyway. It allows me to have some quiet prayer time before the kids get up (they aren't allowed to get up until 6). But I figure if I sleep in I must need the rest so I don't set any alarms or anything.

Talked to the neighbor a couple of days ago. She keeps making references to "you Christians" with comments about candles and praying to all those people (saints). She was raised Catholic and I guess doesn't realize that non-Catholic Christians dispensed with all those pagan rituals. She said she has been hanging out with some southern baptists. I hope she learns the truth from them:-)

Our new Grammar program, Analytical grammar, is working great. I have three children in it and they are getting the hang of finding all the nouns, pronouns, adjectives and articles.

My two younger ones who are old enough to begin grammar are doing a mad lib book. One of the best grammars we have ever done! The whole family gathers together for their lesson:-D

I am watching the sunrise as I type. When we first bought the house I said "My chair goes THERE!" Though I haave moved much of the rest of the furniture around over the 13 years we have been here, the big computer, book shelves, horses and my chair have stayed put. I can see almost the whole house and hear what I can't see from here and, best of all, I can see across the valley (still with their lights on right now) to the mountains with the sun coming up behind them. In the evening, the light plays on the mountains and it is just beautiful.

So how do you get rid of mice? We are having a plague of them (one is staring at me right now!) They have about ruined our piano. We have tried both live and kill traps. We used glue traps once and won't again. Can't use poison because of the mouser dog, cat and chickens besides, of course, the toddler. So what do I do??? Hate the things. (wouldn't mind pretty little white ones in a habitrail, but crawling around on my floor and in my piano has to end!)

Mom start chemo in a week and a half. Her cancer turned out to not be the garden variety of breast cancer which is estrogen sensitive. That is treated by you taking a pill every day for 5 years that keeps your cells from absorbing estrogen. Hers is much more agressive. They got the whole tumor, but taking chem will lower the risk of cancer reaccurance by more than 11%.

The acutal numbers the doctor told us:
Out of 100 women with her demographics over the next ten years,
  • 15 died of things that had nothing to do with cancer (heart disease, busses, etc.)
  • 58 with radiation treatment alone had no cancer of any kind.
  • 27 had some sort of cancer return.
Adding chemo reduced that last number to 16.

So she has decided it will be worth the three months of chemo followed by 6 weeks of radiation.

Unfortunatly, this will put her very close to (and possibly past) my brother's wedding date.

My brother was married for 13 years to Cathy. 4 years ago she passed away from liver disease.

He is now engaged to a woman who lost her husband 5 years ago to a blood infection. They will be marrying this summer, giving him 7 children (the three he and Cathy adopted plus Mari's 4) I think he is cheating. I had to get my 9 one at a time! :-D

My dog snores. How weird is that?

I guess it's time to get to work now. I am writing a new believers course for our church. It's almost done. yeah!

Actually, my dad wrote the core of it decades ago. I remember going through it every couple of years all my growing up. The last time we went through it in our church, I put it together in a book and sent it to Lulu.com for publishing. We now have several copies available at the church for anyone who wants them.

My recent research says we need a new members class, and we do have some newbies coming that I believe this would be essintial for. My parents went to a newbie class at another church that is being quite successful and brought home their curriculum. I have read it through and realized my dad's workbook covers almost the same stuff, worded differently, with less harping (lol). I just need to flesh a few places out a bit.

So, with that, off to write about prayer!

Have a great day:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.