Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I woke up sick during the night and am not doing much better today. But life goes on, so we did school anyway (well, I still have a couple of kids to check off.)

The first year we owned our dog, Jiffy, he only lef the yard if we left teh gate open. Then the pretty little boxer next door taught him to go through our fence, between the livestock wire and the barbed wire, no less!

Out of sheer frustration, I finally went around the whole yard stringing yarn or string from teh top of the livestock wire over the top of the barbed wire to make it look like the fence was solid for another foot and a half. ! worked! He again stayed in the yard as long as the gate was closed.

That was a couple of years ago. Since then Hubby has run into the gate post a couple of times (ice, snow, a slipped approach to the drive, and a large van don't mix well. He has hit it far less than the rest of us would have).

We have begun to have a problem with El'doggo again, coming home to find him outside the gate or looking dirty and exhausted, which he never does when he stays home.

A quick look tells me three things:
  1. 1/3 of the string has rotted and needs replacing. No big deal. been working on it for 20 minutes a day or so and almost have it done.
  2. the north side of the approach has a sagging fence due to a broken post. It is possible he could simply be going over that. I doubt it, but it's possible. I wedged a piece of wood under it today which lifted up to its original height.
  3. The South corner is shot. This is the most likely exit point.Kind of surprised he hasn't left before. I have no idea how I will fix this, but I have to figure something out.
You know, all decisions are not equal. Some are good and some are bad. Some even hurt other people.

What is our responsibility to others to share what we have learned (through experience or study)? Am I really supposed to just sit back and watch other moms make BIG mistakes and not say anything? Really?

How is that in any way "Loving my neighbor as myself"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.