Monday, March 25, 2013

Cancer and Cuopons

Dad is not getting better as fast as I would like. Worry about mom and her chemo? She starts tomorrow. Hard to know the right advise to give. Chemo is poison. She has no detect cancer at the moment (the surgury got it all). But those who do the chemo reduce the occurance of cancer over tens years from 26 to 15.

Or lets put the numbers how the doctor did:
  • Out of 100 women with mom's demographics and type of cancer over a ten year period of tie, 15 died of causes not related to cancer (busses, heart attack, etc.)
  • With radiation but no chemo 57 remained cancer free.
  • 26 contracted some type of cancer.
When chemo was added that last group was reduced by 11.

Dad couldn't do service or preach yesterday, he felt so bad:-( Mom took him home early.
Andy, on the other hand, appeared quite ready, took charge of the service, preached about Palm Sunday, even wore a tie! (Oh my!) Is God changing his calling? Or is he just doing what he always has- whatever needs to be done. Time will tell, I guess.

Johnny will be here next week. He has been asking questions about what happens to the church if dad can't pastor anymore. Interesting.

They are moving Danny to a facility that is usually used as a last stage before release. Interesting.

Leigh stayed with Jady. She isn't doing good.

And I have been studying coupons. My research says you can't get the 90% savings they do on TV, but 30-50% is possible. With our grocery budget, 50% would pay the mortgage! So I am putting some effort into setting it up to really figure out the cupons. We will do more shopping at CVS and the Dollar Tree (which takes manufactures cuopons!) as well as pay more attention to the sales papers. This will affect our menu too.

I will end up with about three months worth of food/supplies to do this. Since sales run on a 6-8 week cycle, usually, this is necessary. And since it is something I have felt I needed to do for some time anyway, well, now I have an excuse.

The basic philosophy of "cuopning" is:
  1. Never pay more than 50% for anything (but fresh Produce and maybe milk) after the 3-6 month set up time.
  2. Never buy anything (except the above mentioned produce and maybe milk) because you need it. You buy things when they are on sale and always have enough on hand to last until the next sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.