Friday, March 22, 2013

Why do I have to carry a Drivers Licence?

We have the technology now to identify anyone with a thumbprint through a cell phone of tablet, so why don't we just buy every policeman a tablet? When he stops us, we press our thumb on the tablet and it tells him whether we are licensed, have tickets out, have our car registered, etc. This would be so much more reliable and convineint.

Could work for bank cards too. Instead of "swipe and pin" you just push your thumb and select which car you want to use. And since no one can steal your thumb (at least not and use it in wal-mart) it would be more secure.

some Christian would, of course, be concerned with the whole "Mark of the Beast" thing, but since I believe Nero/ancient Rome was the Beast, I don't have a problem on that front.

Others would be concerned with "Big Brother." I can see the point, but I have had enough dealing with the government to believe they simply aren't smart or efficient enough to abuse this type of system.

It wouldn't take much to switch over to such a system, either. DMV already has my thumbprint. They took it when I got my license. The FBI is already assembling an electronic database of prints. Just expand it. Use the money we would save by not having to store all the paper prints and make and issue the plastic licenses.

Of course the change over would be a bear, but I think it would be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.