Monday, August 17, 2009

Pea-soup green, two door coupes.

I received notice that everyone must buy a car. No one would be able to rely on bicycles, motorcycles, horses, public transportation, or even their own feet any longer. Everyone had to get a car (government’s way to bail out the auto industry and lower the cost of vehicles). So, I went down to the local car lot to look around.

All they had were pea-soup green, two-door coups. Now, I have eight children, so a coup is hardly an appropriate car for my family.

And I hate pea-soup green.

But that is all they had and I had to buy a car.

After many complaints, I received notice form the powers that be, that I would be allowed to buy something else. So I went down to the local car dealer and looked around.

They did have a nice, white 15 passenger van for sale that I liked so I arranged to buy it.

When I received the bill, though, it listed the van AND a pea-soup green, two-door coup. I asked the dealer about the charge for the car I wasn’t buying. He said it didn’t matter. Everyone had to pay for the pea-soup green, two-door coups, whether they were buying one or not.

Something about keeping our important auto industry afloat.




Want to know what I am really talking about? Go back and replace pea-soup green, two-door coup with public school, the van with private school, and the alternate forms of transportation with homeschool.

Or replace pea-soup green, two-door coup with national health care, the van with private insurance and the alternates with, well, alternates (such as paying your own bill (what a novel idea), co-op ministries to pay each others bills, medical savings accounts, etc.)

Or simply add any other government program in there you want to.

They all eventually work the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.