Saturday, August 15, 2009

Samll Family vs. Big family

Note: This was written during the time my hubby and I were deciding whether we would have more than two or three children. This is the actual list I made myself to help me decide. We now have eight.



Small Families
§ Can go to Disneyland, out to eat, go on vacation and other places more often.
§ Have newer clothes and more toys.
§ Have one room per child.
§ Provide solitude.
§ Can more easily afford college


Big Families
§ Always have someone who wants to "play with me."
§ Learn to share, cooperate, get along and work with a team.
§ Teach older children how to care for those younger and weaker than themselves. Younger children usually have nieces and nephews just the right age to learn on.
§ Are never lonely.
§ Can more easily influence society.


A large family provides for my children companionship, servitude in the New Testament model, teamwork, and socialization (the right kind because I know what their playmates have been taught).


A small family provides things and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.