Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pride and Prejudice

Has feminism really given us respect and freedom? No, not really. I, too, have read Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice. I did enjoy the book. The difference between the respect given to women then and today is astonishing. Today a woman is expected to provide her boyfriend with sexual release, her hubby with a higher standard of living, her boss with near-slave labor and still stay beautiful and keep a nice house and pay attention to her children. Puuuuu-leeeese! The feminist revolution did nothing more than buy slavery for the majority of women today.

Dr Laura's opinion of Pride and Prejudice (she says it better than I do:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.