Monday, August 26, 2013

fox in socks Phonics

I have a child who is having a bit of trouble reading. Part is my fault. I was a bit overwhelmed when she was at that ideal window to learn and just couldn't teach her. Part of it is ADHD. Whatever.

The last few days I have had her just pick a few baby books off the shelf and read them to me. Among today's selections was "Fox in Socks." (abbreviated version.) She did great! It's a hard book, sometimes, even for those of us who know how to read:-) It is the best, most entertaining and memorable way to introduce all the ways to spell each sound!

Mom has her last radiation today. Yeah! Glad that is all over with.

Mom and Dad are going to the AB of C conference this week. Next week they are trying a new group's conference.

Meanwhile, we are going camping next week. Dont' know where; just out of the smoke!!!

Need to find someone to care for the animals while we are both gone.

Looking forward to changing to the Robinson Method of homeschooling. Les work for me, more interesting for the kids, and just what I would tell someone in my position to do:-P

I need some livestock. I am much happier with very big pets in the backyard.

I have been reading "Overwhelmed" a book by several homeschooling moms who have faced hard times and what they did about it.  Very interesting. My story could easily fit right in with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.