Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Joshua is beginning to say English words, but he does an amazing amount of communicating with sign language. Baby Einstien videos have really helped!

I printed a new chore chart today. Yes, just one (instead of one for each child). This one is for the whole family, since a good many of the chores are the same no matter who it is.

I devided the chores into divisions:
  • Soul
  • Body
  • Bedroom
  • Family
  • Mind
This should make it easier to remember what needs to be done.

Under Soul is
  • Read your Bible
  • Pray
  • Journal
Body is
  • Brush teeth
  • Shower
  • Clean undies
  • Dress
  • Brush hair
  • Exercise
  • Fix your water
  • Take Vitamins
Bedroom is
  • Make Bed
  • Neaten Shelves
  • Neaten clothes (including putting up laundry)
  • Clean room
Family is
  • Room zone
  • Food zone
  • Pets
  • Garden (each child has their own plot)
Mind is
  • Practice Piano
  • Practice a  string instrument
  • Practice a wind instrument
  • Neaten school drawer/box
  • Sharpen pencils
  • School
This is actually done with clip art instead of words for the non readers.

I am checking into what I can do to make a bit of money.

Back up a bit:

God has given me a number of books that I have self published through Lulu.com. They are not selling very well at all (I give away far more than I sell). They just aren't doing anyone any good if they aren't selling. I would love for my books to be helping people.

Of course, my family could use the money too.

I do make a salve and powder for family and friends that I have thought of selling, too. Partly to help those who need/want more natural products and partly to give us a bit more wiggle room with our finances.

So I'll be checking a few things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.