Thursday, December 02, 2010

Thanksgiving Taste Test

Every year my huby buys my mom a bunch of stuff to taste-test for her birthday (which is very near Thanksgiving so we jsut do it then when the whole family can be in on it.) This year we tasted;

(Players are my mom, my hubby Andy, my oldest Joy, My second Jim, my brother John, and our adopted-at-50 brother Ron. The other children were there tasting too but they didn't usually commit. My dad is smart enough to not even try. My mom, John and Ron are unflapable. The hotte the better and the nastiest stuff can be used for something.)

Kachai in Brine- "You have to be real hungry to eat that." Ron

Baja Chipolte (cooked on riblets)- "That's good, yah that's really good." (Everyone liked it.)

"the Korean (BBQ) is good." Andy
"Oh a little coach roach a little finger" Andy

"Stay away from the roots!" Ron (Everyone hated the roots!)

Cascade Salsa- "Mmmmm good!"

"The Eel Sauce is good." Mom.

Bro Bru Bru's African Hot Sauce- "Taste isn't all that great"
"In African dirty it would be good"- John (I must have missed a word or too when I was writting this down.)
"That's Nasty!"- Joy
"That's pretty good."- Sharon (a visiting friend who arrived late)

Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce- "Unimpressive. No flavor" -Andy
"Mmmm, not bad."- John
"I like the roasted flavor" -Ron

Sals Hui- "This is so wimpy" -Mom
"Red Chili and water. It's got an after burn." - John

Taquila Salsa Hot- "Doesn't smell hot. I don't like it." -Mom
"I agree." -Andy
"That one doesn't taste good." -Joy

Kikoman Steak Sauce- "Flavor's good but too sweet for steak sauce. It would be good on chicken." -John
"Good. Very mild." -Mom

Portabello slather- "Nah, anything with slather in the name I'm not into." -Andy

Salsa Habenero- "You're not going to like that one." -Mom

Ponzu Citrus Season- "Is it good?"
"No. Needs some kind of dead animal." -Andy
"Like a really good lemon malt vinegar. Really great on fish and chips." John

Pancer Makhauwla mix with cottage cheese- "Top Romaen seasoning" -Joy

Kwong Atway Garlic Sauce- "Goooo (pant) stuhhhh!. Hotest we've had. Lets just say I won't taste the rest" -Mom (For those who don't know my mom, she likes ANYTHING and NOTHING is EVER too hot for her.)
"Kind of salty vinegary and then it bites you" -Ron (while sweating profusly and making faces.)

Peanut Flavored Sauce- "Not bad" -Mom
"Yuck. It's not good." -Andy
"Sugar Free reeces peanut butter cup" -Joy
"That's good." -John
"Uh huh" -Ron

Twist and Shout- "I don't like that one. It has a bad after taste." -Mom
"I'll second that." -Jim
"That's pretty hot." -John

Teka Masilla- "I like that one." -Mom
"that's really good." -Ron (who is still sweating from the garlic sauce above.)

The Pepper Plant- "It promises a lot but then just leaves you flat." -Mom
"Big vinegar after burn/taste." -John

Dragonfly BBQ sauce- "Fishy" -Mom
"Oooo, that's Nasty! Straight pepper without the hot." -Joy
"Tastes like bait smells." -Ron

Peach Salsa- "Way too sweet" -Andy
"Would go good on ice cream." -Joy

Lintle chips- "not bad." -Mom
"This is edible" -Joy
"I like those" -Jim

Jafrizzle Simma sauce- "Not bad" -Mom
"Not good, but not bad." -Andy
"an aquierd taste." -Ron

? (the entire lable was in chinese. We have no idea what it was!)- "No commit. Let's just say it's not my favorite." -Mom
"What is that. It can only hurt you for a minute or two." -Ron

Lime pickle relish- "oooooo" -Joy who didn't taste it. Just smelled it.
Mom spit it out! I've never seen her actually spit anything out before!
"Taste like Pine Sol smells!" -Ron

Chinese 5 Spice (with seven spices on the ingredints list)- "Smells good. Cinnamon and licorice" -Andy
"Licorice chips." -Ron

Purple Yam Candy- "Yuck!" -Jim
"Oooo." in a good way -Joy
"I like it." -Mom
"The aftertaste is best." -Betty Sue

The scary thing is that my mom will find a way to use all these for our Sunday dinners over the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.