Friday, December 17, 2010

Tiny quarters

I ran across these links to very small houses. I feel an affinity to these people becasue, though my house is 1400", with 10 people living here were are using about the same square footage per person. I see some interesting ideas.

These houses are on wheels due to building codes. Legally a "house" must be no less than, say, 800" (it varies). So by adding wheels, these aren't legally houses, but trailers. They appear to run from $20,000 to $60,000, which isn't much at all. Of course, that doesn't include the land.

Tumbleweed Houses

Habitaflex

The Tiny House Blog

Tiny house design

This has so many potintial applications! From third world homes, to emergancy housing (i.e.Katrina, Hati), to young adults just starting out (imagine being able to own your own home when you are 20?), to expansion housing for overcrowded families like ours (except I expect my adult child would miss the rest of us too much to be able to tolerate being in a seperate building.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.