Monday, May 13, 2013

Morning

Woke with a headache this AM. Normal migraine, but I hate them. I've done Tylenol and coffee. Forgot about lavender oil. Should have used it yesterday when I felt it coming on.

That's the problem with herbs; I forget to use them when I don't feel good or am worried about the children not feeling good. When we feel good, though, we don't need them!

Having trouble keeping the dog in the yard. We are having to go to him only being out when tied up or under the direct supervision of an adult sized person. He even leaves when we are outside if we aren't paying attention.

Learning couponing. Bought 2-2 1/2 months worth of cool-aid Friday for $12! That's less than half price:-)

The key to coupons is to;
  • Know your prices (which takes time but is a lot easier than you would think. After you begin paying attention, it just happens)
  • Watch the sales.
  • Save ALL coupons, even for things you won't use.(sometimes you can make money by using them and then just donate the items to a charity)
  • Combine sales, manufactures coupons, and store coupons and rewards programs 
  • Since all sales run on a 2-4 month cycle, you buy 4 months worth at a time.
In this way, you never pay more than 50% for anything but milk, meat, and fresh produce (and even then, you can often find those on real good deals.) You have to change how you think from weekly shopping/budgets to quarterly (or even yearly!)

  • The easiest way to know when its time to stock up is to go to sites like http://thekrazycouponlady.com hover on "find my store," and check out the weekly deals at each of your local stores. These ladies do the work each week of matching up the best deals and coupons, even providing links where possible to print the coupons. 
I am hoping the next time kool-aid goes on a good sale I will have enough coupons to not spend more than I did this time but still get 4 months instead of 2:-)

Rewritting my homeschool book. It's just too outdated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.