Saturday, October 12, 2013

New Name

I've been doing some research on blogging in general and some contemplating of the way God is leading me in my writing and have decided my title here is not accurate. The new name more completely reflects my current mission.

BeST is my actual initials. I used to sign my name BS, but Hubby objected to that for some reason:-D (Though sometimes I wonder if that isn't the more accurate signature:-P) And BettySue is actually quite common on the internet. So I have gone to BeST (Be from my first name, the rest my other initials. I will be buying a domain name to match it (probably at tax time). It will be along the lines of BeSTandTheBible.com, but I will keep you updated. Depends on what is available.

Anyway, I am a homschooling HomeMaker mom of 9 children, ages 2-21. I've been married to Hubby for 27 years (High School Sweet Hearts :-))

Hubby is the Assistant Pastor of our church, which is tiny and so doesn't pay anything. He also has a full time + job as a manager.

I am the assistant Woman's pastor of our church and Secretary of the Internet (mostly meaning I run the Church's web site and get to order it's stuff from Amazon).

My Dad is pastor and Mom is Woman's Pastor. Oldest Daughter Joy is Worship Leader/Pianist (depending on if she or Mom is playing). Oldest son Jim is Sound Booth Operator.

God has blessed me with the skills to study, the time to do it (between changing diapers, teaching phonics, and cooking supper), and the resources to find stuff out. Most are not so blessed, so I have a burden to share what God has given me with others. I hope you share your giftings and unique perspectives with me:-)

I am also studying (in my spare time, lol) to be an herbalist and midwife.


And everything I believe I try to base on the Bible. It truly has all the answers for life.

I intend to start posting on a daily basis (or nearly so). My intended schedule is:

  • Sunday: God is Good (Worship, encouragement)
  • Monday: The Bible (apologetic, commentaries, doctrines, etc)
  • Tuesday: Health (nutrition, herbs, birth, etc)
  • Wednesday: Homemaking (couponing, organization, cleaning, coping)
  • Thursday: Marriage
  • Friday: Culture (Government, politics, current events)
  • Saturday: Family (raising children, homeschooling, vacations, etc)

Hope to see you around:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.