Wednesday, October 16, 2013

syria

Oh, OK. I'll chime in here, though I don't really have much to say.
It seems to me there is no possible way to win whether we go to war or not.
If my 6'3" hubby sees a man beating a woman, doesn't he, as someone with the power to stop evil, have the moral responsibility to act?
If we, the USA have the power to stop genocide don't we have the responsibility to act? To do nothing is to condone the actions of tyrants; it is to ignore the pleas of the weak. It makes us evil.
On the other hand...
If we go in it will be another mess with no clear aim and no exit point. We will be sacrificing our sons (and I mean that literally. I have an 18yo who is considering the military) for a mess that has been going on for hundreds, or even thousands of years without solving anything.
I rather like Hubby's answer when I asked him about it:
"We should not go in until we have an over-all plan. Sit down with a map of the middle east with all the different factions and figure out a solution, a long term strategy that will eventually make everyone happy. Until then we are wasting our breath and we should stay out."
Tell me what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.