Thursday, October 24, 2013

Quest and I kissed Dating Goodbye


"Quest for the High Places"****

This was recommended to me by a Sister at church. It is about dealing with heart issues while waiting for God's time to enter into courtship. It is aimed at the late teens/early twentys crowd of girls. i found it very good for the crowd it is aimed at. I can imagine it being very helpful. It Would have helped me at that age, for sure.

For the general population of singles (males and older women) I recommend Josh Harris's "I Kissed Dating Goodby."***** It really spoke to my heart and I had been married more than ten years when I read it. The main theme is that life isn't about you. It is about serving God and others. As such, your time as a single should be spent in seeking out service opportunities, not chasing the opposite sex. Very good.

I will have my girls read both books when they are that age and my boys will read "I kissed dating."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.