Monday, July 07, 2014

The 7 bank accounts every family should have - Fun Cheap or Free

The 7 bank accounts every family should have - Fun Cheap or Free



It has made a big difference in our budgeting since I opened 2 accounts in my name with sub accounts for each child (but Josh:-) One account gets all the money I am responsible for in a week (groceries, allowances, clothes, etc). I transfer the allowance money into my other account from there, which I then distribute to each child's own account (with their own per-loaded credit card. How is a per-loaded credit card different from a debit card? No idea). Each child is responsible for their own money and can even order from amazon if they want. They don't have to worry about me forgetting and not having the cash on hand. I don't have to worry about the balance on the family's account; spending too much on clothes and not having money for the utilities, for example.

This article has several good ideas for savings accounts, though I can't really see us going to 7 (not counting children) accounts any time soon:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.