Monday, July 07, 2014

Why Dads Shouldn't Be In the Delivery Room | Pregnancy

Why Dads Shouldn't Be In the Delivery Room | Pregnancy



Interesting opinions, and I can see the point.



M hubby was there for the birth of all nine of our children and he never hindered. Our last five were homebirths and he never sugested going in for pain relief. He knew I was strong and could do it, even though my first four births did have pain control.



But, yea, I can see Dr Odent's point. There is a reason we are the only culture EVER to allow men in the birth room. Not because other men don't care (they do). But because women are different when men are around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.