Saturday, June 20, 2015

Why Minimalism is a Better Way of Life

Why Minimalism is a Better Way of Life



Much better than what was described in the post I put up a minute ago.



I'm even looking at the tiny house movement. I sooooo see the logic: smaller house, often with no land, means less money needed just to keep the roof over our heads. This translates into needing less hours of work to stay alive, which means more time for what is most important, those things we will regret not having done when we are 80.



Now, a smaller house isn't really an option for us. We are already living with 136 square feet per person :-) Most tiny homes provide more than that, lol. Of course, most tiny homes also need one fridge for every 1-2 people and the same number of stoves and bathrooms. We only have 1 fridge, 1 stove and 2 baths for all of us, so our current, "average" sized home is a more efficient use of space.



But the pricipal of minimalism has made our home so much bigger, and I have only been "simplidying" for a couple of months! And housework is already less than half what it used to be.



My mom has been simplifying too. She isn't feeling too well right now, so I went to clean her house for her yesterday. Other than folding a tub of laundry, there really wasn't anything to do! such a difference from a year ago when she was going through heavy duty chemo, and she feels up to doing LESS work at the moment!



Yes, stuff and the pursuit of stuff keeps us from what's important; people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.