Monday, February 28, 2011

Why are you angry?

I have been doing a reorganization of my blog (which explains all the weird posts with old links in them). I have reread the comments my articles have drawn. More than half the comments I receive are incredibly angry. Especially on the subjects of abortion and children.

In none of these articles do I call for making abortion, birth control or working women illegal (though in other articles I do call to outlaw abortion. Just not the ones that draw comments.)

This means that in these particular articles I am in no way forcing anyone to do what I say or even suggesting someone else force them. I am doing no more than giving information.

Yet so many people call me names, tell me to shut up, cuss me out, ... you would think I was personally threatening them.

Why does it anger so many for facts that support the opposite point of view to be expressed? Are you really so insecure in your beliefs that you don't think your side can stand up to the challenge? Do you really think I am such a danger with my itty bitty blog? Really? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.