Saturday, February 01, 2014

From wanting kids to educating them

A Dramatic Heart-Change Testimony About Children | Maxwell Family Blog
The Maxwells tell of a woman who adamantly didn't want children EVER! God changed her mind and now she is glad.

 LAF/Beautiful Womanhood � The Joy A Child Brings
Ok, I admit it. I cried:-)

I don't remember what the RIE stands for, but basically it's about treating your children like human beings, and important ones at that. This is what I have done, more or less, in raiseing my children.


 Grandmother Monica Smith Transforms Her Shed Into a Tiny Cabin
The Love (and creativity!) of a Grandma!

The New Science of Siblings - TIME
I've said it before and will say it again: The toys you can get for your child is lots of siblings!

41 Camping Hacks That Are Borderline Genius
 Just a bunch of cool idea, some of which we already do, some don't apply to us, but some we will use in the futre:-)


Parents are lazy, uninvolved, stupid, selfish, cowardly jerks. Except for me, of course. | The Matt Walsh Blog
You know, I keep going to comment on what Matt writes, but he says it all and I can't add to it.

Thank God I wasn’t college material | The Matt Walsh Blog
 Yeeeeeep. (though techniquely, with a 3.85 GPA I was college material. I just didn't want to go). I am more and more convinced that our kids would be better off taking the money they and their parents would normally spend on college and just buying a house. Same payments (or less!) but you have a place to live. And if the child wants to move that house will bring more blessings to the bank account than a degree would. Why not start building physical capital instead of paper capital? And if you already own your home, you don't need as high of an income to be comfortable. This leaves the door open for a wider array of career options.

  Is the American School System Damaging Our Kids? | Reader's Digest
Yes, of course. Factories are great for cars, washers, and iPads, but not for human beings.

  Ken Robinson: How schools kill creativity | Video on TED.com


 Re-imagining school | TED Playlists | TED
 Oh, the dreaming!
Why , in the 21st century, so we still teach children the way they did in ancient Greece 3000 years ago? Everyone who can read this post has more information available in front of your face (Google, wikipedia, youtube, etc) than all the teacher in Harvard put together! Why are we limiting our children to just one little girl standing in front of a classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.