Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Allergies, bugs, and mold

Today's post is quite delayed because I have been doing some research.

For many years I have been very thankful that my children are very strong and healthy with very few illnesses. Even Hubby and I haven't been very ill (except for Hubby's kneww he destroyed playing basketball as a young adult and a slight tendancy towards hypogycimia and asthma in me.)

Gradually over the years though, this has been changing.

Hubby had a kidney stone, then a couple of bouts of gout, now he is showing signs of asthma.

My weight has started to rise, hormones are obviously not right (but then I am approaching the age where "not right" is perfectly normal.), acne is coming back (!), achey, fatigued, IBS, migraines, ADHD getting worse.

Oldest daughter has bad acne. In fact all my older children do, though her's is the worst.

Hubby and a son have severe constipation issues.

A daughter is showing signs of blood sugar problems. I am watching closly.

A daughter has random hives and eczema (actually all four of my younger ones do, but one is much worse than the others.)

Hay fever all over the place.

Hubby has started having occasional cases of hive; 1 big hive from head to foot accompanied by, uhhh, tummy problems.

We are starting our third winter of one cold or flu right after another. Of course, some of this is just because with so many people in the house by the time a virus passes through everyone, the first person is simply exposed to something new. But it didn't used to be this way....




After prayer at church about Daughter 4's bad hive problem (she was taking allergy meds EVERYDAY and they were only reducing her pain, not stopping it), I noticed that her worst days were the ones when it had been her turn to wash dishes. We immediately switched to a hypo-allergenic dish soap. She has only taken allergy meds twice since then!

I have since switched to dye/fragrance free laundry soap and am in the process of  finding recepies for homemade cleaners for the rest of the house.

We are trying to wash everywhere hands touch, wash hands, and generally wash everything more often.

I am incorperating more immune supporting herbs and reducing processed foods.

Today, I ran across a site discussing several families' stories about house mold.

Those symptoms are WAY too close for comfort:-( I don't know what I could possibly do if it is mold. We simply can't afford to move and that is the only real option for complete treatment. 

I can only depend on God to provide the answers I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.