Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I’ve got 9 kids. Are we killing you yet? | LifeSiteNews.com

I’ve got 9 kids. Are we killing you yet? | LifeSiteNews.com



When people say "I can't aford more children" or "I can't aford to homeschool or be a stay at home mom." what they mean is "I can't afford to maintain my selfish, consumerist lifestyle and have more kids and stay home and homeschool."



Without exception, every parent who has told me the things in the first sentence has earned MORE than my hubby who is the sole support of our nine kids, 22 chickens, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 finches, 1 beta fish, 5 rabbits, and 1 Gecko lizard.



And the article's author's comment that it doesn't take any more to heat a 3000' house for 10 than it does to heat it for 2 isn't quite right. It takes LESS energy to heat the house for more people because body heat supplies a good deal of the heat necessary for comfort. (I know this because our dc spend the night with my parents once a week and in the winter Hubby and I have to turn the heater on those nights while we don't the rest of the week!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.