Monday, May 05, 2014

My Family Stopped Eating Sugar for a Year and This is What Happened | Healthy Living - Yahoo Shine

My Family Stopped Eating Sugar for a Year and This is What Happened | Healthy Living - Yahoo Shine


I would love to do this.

Hubby was just diagnosed pre-diabetic.
I am yploglycimic and have been gestational diabetic in the past.
Several of my children show symptoms of hypoglycemics. Notably, according to my research tooth decay is a symptom of blood sugar problems. Several of my kids have bad cavities. Oddly, two of them have none, so it can't be our diet or environment.

But this would require such an extreme change in our diets, I really don't think it's possible. Now if Hubby were to declare we were doing it, then maybe. Or if God moved us to the mission field. But otherwise, well, I'm doing the best I can. I'm back to being the meany who doesn't allow any sweets so the ones others offer don't do as much damage.

It is very hard though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.