Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother Forced To Have Cesarean Section, And Now She’s Suing

Mother Forced To Have Cesarean Section, And Now She’s Suing



Forced (through downright violence or just deception) is WAY too common in birth.



I whole heartedly believe a baby is a human deserving all human rights from conception.



However, so is mom.



A woman does not give up her humanity, her basic human rights just because she decides to not hire a hitman to cut her baby's head off.



All women should have informed consent (which is meaningless without informed refusal). If a woman decides to forgo the treatment her doctor recommends that is her decision, even if it puts baby at risk.



Let's put it this way: if my son's kidney goes bad, should the hospital have the right to come to my home and take my husband away by force and MAKE him give his kidney to our son? No? A pregnant woman has the same rights as a father to control her own body and make her own decisions.



Now, understand, I think mamma does NOT  nave the right to execute Baby before birth any more than my husband would have the right to kill one of our children. But that is a whole different thing than the parent having the right to make decisions about their own body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to talk to my readers.

I do ask that there be no anonymous commenters, though. If I am brave enough to put my name on this blog, you should be too:-)

Please keep it civil. Remember we are all human and make mistakes, and that since we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's tone of voice, it is very hard to get the emotion in what we are saying each other. Use lots of emoticons! :-) And show grace and love to each other.